Stupid Potholes


Stupid Potholes

            Once, at one of my beach camps, it was free time. A very hooking statement, I know. But hear me out: this actually becomes funny.
            Anyway, my friends and I decided to go into the water, because duh, we were at a beach camp. Like all kids who live near the water and spend their summer going to beach camps, we were so enthralled to get back in the water (5 whole minutes had passed since we were last in it! Far too long..) that we raced each other into it. We took off as soon as possible. I had a massive head start, and since we were just going down the berm, which was kind of a small hill, I had a lot of force behind me. So when I yelled, "WATER TIME!" I was going full force.
            Which made this low-life happy. 
              Forgive my bad digital art skills- they were necessary for this to seem funny. Anyway, so my friends and I raced each other into the water, with this pothole in front of only me, in the shallow water.
And so-


 Yes, I face planted.

               That stupid pothole made me trip. It was hilarious, and no part of me was hurt- even my pride. We laughed over it for a while, swam out past the pier, boogie boarded, all that fun stuff. Then we came in, and packed up. But we convinced our parents to let us stay and hangout for a while. Because we had been swimming for a while, we were thirsty (weird how swimming in the salty water makes you thirsty), and we stayed out in the sun a bit. We scared some seagulls, and then we decided to go back in. I had almost completely forgotten
about the pothole, still sitting there...
                                     
                Well the next thing you know, we're running down the berm again, I can give you my exact train of thought- "Eh, it's probably high tide, and I'm not in the same spot, right?...". Guess what happened...



            We were all dying from laughter. I cursed the pothole. (My exact words were "Fie on thee, tho is a lowly pig-headed worm! I curse thee for a thousand days and a thousand nights!" It just made us all crack up harder.) We swam, chased a boat (that's a story for another time... needless to say, we did not succeed), and eventually came back in. 
            We were cracking jokes and cracking up, and then someone mentioned soda. We remembered that part of the reason we wanted to hangout after the beach camp was that a nearby deli (I'm not telling you the name; I've already told you I live by a beach...) so we each got our money out and told the parents where we were going. We got some candy, one of us got a sandwich because she's that crazy, and each of us got a slurpee. We spent like 10 minutes investigating the Case Of The Missing Slurpee, since somehow the girl with the sandwich (friend 2) lost her slurpee. It was weird.
            Walking back our chair on the beach, we spotted my brother and his friend, who had met by chance while we were at the deli. As we sat down to eat our candy (or sandwhich) and drink our slurpees, they tried to annoy us at every chance they got. Eventually, we finished. Friend 2 and I desperately wanted to get back in the water- not only because it ended up being one of those sunny days where it was crystal clear with just the right sized waves (with no seaweed for a bonus) but also because we needed to get away from the boys who were driving us up the wall and into the ceiling with a tow truck. 
            Unfortunately, Friend 2 was cold. This was odd, as it was nice and sunny. However, Friend 2 was always cold, so this wasn't a huge surprise. She had brought a wetsuit with her in the thought that this might happen. However, my brother and his friend had thrown sand all over it. So Friend 1 and I, being the awesome people that we were, went down to wash it. Friend 1 kept the boys away as I took baby steps into the water, determined not to fall AGAIN. After about 20 or so baby steps, I thought I was good.
        
            A word about the fickleness of the ocean. (and yes, I just used fickleness in a post. Be proud.) When you need it to be high tide, like the last time I fell, it's not. When you don't need it to be high tide, like this time, it is. It's very annoying. 

            Check what happened....





        Yes, I dropped the wetsuit. Oh well, at least I didn't faceplant anymore times



        Stupid Potholes. Oh well, at least it made a good post.


        

Comments

Popular Posts

HI, I'M REALLY SORRY, PLUS, MY FRIEND HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MY BEAUTIFUL ART

THANK YOU ONE SUBSCRIBER